Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Welcome to My First Blog

Okay,  I am new to this.  The idea of putting my own personal thoughts out in cyberspace feels a bit like I'm getting undressed in front of an open window...

However, I do want people to know that I love writing and reading sci-fi, especially if it has a spiritual dimension.  Hopefully this will be a place where I can get some of my ideas looked at, and hear some ideas from others too.

Some of my all-time favorite books include "The Lord of the Rings"  The original "Dune" books, and Azimov's "Foundation Trilogy"  I have also enjoyed Anne McCaffrey's "Pern" books.  Any story that creates its own world has a big appeal for me. 

I think I am more of a Star Trek person than a Star Wars person....in other words, I prefer Sci-fi that has an intellectual twist to it. 

Over 40 years ago I began getting (and jotting down) ideas for a series that I call "The Peaks at the Edge of the World"  Now, thanks to the new world of e-pubishing, the first three of these books are available for Kindle!  I am looking into other Indie publishing opportunities, too.

So, here's to trying my wings!

No comments:

Post a Comment