Wednesday, October 31, 2012

"The Book" and my book - A Foreword

This is the Foreword I wrote for my first book, "The Peaks at the Edge of the World" - which is available as a trilogy on Kindle at present. 

"The Peaks" has been bubbling in my mind for most of my life.  Some of the thoughts came to the surface and are printed inside it, while others are still hiding in the undercurrents of my mental synapses.

Some readers may find it ironic that I write a book about a time when all forms of print and writing are considered archaic--and therefore forbidden.  I find it no coincidence--in this future I write of--that the primary surviving book is The Book--the one that bears this as its only title.

Perhaps this is because throughout my life this Book has had a central influence on my thinking (even though it was not commonly read in my home, when I was a child).  Somehow, I just kept being drawn to it.  Oh, I have questioned it!  And I have read many other books and opinions.  But none of them seemed to reach deep down into my psyche like this Book does--none have the same ring of truth and authority.

Iwould by lying if I didn't say that many inspirations for "The Peaks at the Edge of the World" have come during moments of studying The Book.  Flashes of insight seem to come suddenly, and feel similar to descriptions I have heard from those who meditate.

Please understand that I make no claims to be 'spiritually enlightened' or 'inspired by God'!  All I am is a humble mouthpiece--trying with my own stumbling words to relate things I feel have been shown to me.  Like Eli in the Desert (Part 3), I am just a voice...

No comments:

Post a Comment