Tuesday, March 2, 2021

TIRED OF THE INUENDO

 

I’m getting tired of the right wing trying to take over Christianity.  The message I keep getting from many Christians is that you have to support Trump, whether you like him or not, because he’s a Republican and so is God. 

Really?  I’ve even heard some say Democrats are of the Devil.  A nice young man I know actually posted this on Facebook.  So sad…

The people elected Biden, he’s been inaugurated, but the Trumpites are still waving their huge flags and billboards—all over the Northwest and probably elsewhere.  Even the Democrats didn’t do that four years ago.  They didn’t violently storm the Capitol either and “Fight like hell,” as Trump told his followers to.  Yes that’s one sign of a cult—he doesn’t have supporters anymore; now they’re followers.  Trumpism is showing too many traits of a cult, as they blindly follow their leader, when they need to be following Christ.

I feel like my personal faith in Christ is being attacked by these people. 

I’ve been looking carefully at what the Bible says about how Christians should act:  Love one another, even your enemies; Respect the government, even if it isn’t perfect; Nothing in this world is perfect.  The Bible doesn’t say to lead violent protest marches.  It doesn’t say to “fight like hell”. It doesn’t say to hate and despise your enemies.

The problem I see is most Republicans are afraid to vote their consciences anymore.   Loyalty to the Party is paramount to everything else.  Guess who came up with that idea?  Another Party that still is trying to resurrect itself in Russia, and does rule in China.  Is that where we’re headed?  I pray we’re not.

The enemy isn’t the Democrats, it’s the ones who want us to sacrifice democracy for Party loyalty, who expect us to support a man who has proven to be corrupt and a liar, because he’s the only good choice the Party can come up with.  Come on, Republicans, you can do better than this!  At least I used to think that.  Now I’m not so sure.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment