Monday, November 20, 2017

Thinking Back and Giving Thanks

Lost a month here somewhere. Feels like December already. I was looking through my college trunk yesterday and found some letters I received in 1973. Made me stop to think how much the world has changed in those past 44 years. Back then, there was no email, no Internet even, no Facebook, just good old snail mail. I have these actual written documents. But what will my children have from me? 
Hmm. Sort of reminds me of the theme of my first book, "The Peaks at the Edge of the World"  which talked about a world where everything is on computer terminals, to the point that books and writing are actually outlawed. I'll blog more on that later.
For now, stop and give thanks for the real people in your life, not just the "virtual" ones. Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment